Job Description – Executive Assistant
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) is seeking a team-oriented professional with the administrative skills and background to help carry forward its mission to lead a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region.
Reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant provides critical assistance and support to the President both internally and externally: internally with scheduling, communications, reports, research and presentations; and externally with the Board of Directors, donors, volunteers and the community.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and will work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manages the President’s calendar, including scheduling internal and external meetings and appointments;
- Supports the President by handling daily tasks including, but not limited to: responding to phone, email, snail mail and internal communication messages that do not require the President’s direct involvement;
- Makes hotel and travel arrangements; tracks & files corporate and personal expense and mileage reports and other activities as necessary;
- Assists in the research and preparation of materials for internal and external presentations and meetings preparing meeting agenda and taking/transcribing minutes as requested;
- Provides support to the President, Board of Directors and Board Committees including all scheduling and communications, meeting correspondence and arrangements, the taking and transcribing of minutes and posting to Basecamp;
- Responsible for drafting internal and external correspondence, including letters, emails and memos to various stakeholders on behalf of the President;
- Works with the President, Director of Development and Special Events and Community Engagement Manager to support fundraising and donor activities, including scheduling donor lunches, speaking engagements, setting up/breaking down events and other projects as needed;
- College education preferred; high school diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, collaborate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to represent the President and the organization in a professional manner.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with attention to content accuracy, and the meeting of deadlines.
- Advanced-level computer skills required, particularly using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and inspire trust; operate with this highest degree of integrity and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to be able to manage products and time.
- Ability to display sound judgment and show a commitment to the CAFB mission and desired outcomes of the organization by contributing to a teamwork environment, exhibiting the principles of servant leadership, and a dedication to excellence.
- Willingness to learn new computer programs/software systems specific to the food bank industry and fundraising.
- A commitment to serving the community and helping those in need.
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends as required to support board meetings and special events.
- This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation and sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
Apply online at www.chattfoodbank.org