Position: Assistant Learning Instructor
Function: This is a temporary position serving as Assistant Instructor during our Summer Camp series
Position Duration: June 01 – July 31, 2018
Location: TechTown foundation | 1100 Market St., 2nd Floor | Chattanooga, TN 37402
The Assistant Learning Instructor works directly with youth ages 7 – 17 attending our Summer Camp series. Assistant Instructors are responsible for providing classroom management support as well as helping the Lead Instructor with coordinating curriculum curation, design, and research to ensure the development and maintenance of the highest quality content for TechTown and its Young Innovators.
TechTown Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that provides STEAM-based learning opportunities to children and youth ages 7 – 17. Our technology and entrepreneurial learning center offers year-round after-school programs and seasonal camps. We are dedicated to inspiring the next generation of innovators—our youth. Designed for children across all skill levels and demographics, TechTown is a place where kids discover, learn, and explore the limitless possibilities of their imaginations.
- Serve as an Assistant Instructor in a classroom environment
- Will be responsible for assisting the Lead Instructor with class management and implementing a quality, positive experience for Young Innovators in your class/camp
- Collaborate with other team members to seek out and design innovative work for students
- Review course and content data, making recommendations regarding revisions
- Identify quality content providers
- Research new and innovative curriculum practices
- Stay current with curricular trends and standards surrounding youth education
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position should be a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment. In addition to the following:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with children and youth in an educational environment
- Knowledge of STEAM-based educational areas such as coding, robotics, 2D/3D Design, film, and circuitry
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple, diverse tasks using prioritization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint
- Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize data across multiple tools
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated, diverse team
- Ability to adapt to different work and learning styles
- Class management experience a plus
- CPR/First Aid Certification a plus
- Must be willing and able to attend any required Staff Training on TechTown curriculum content and/or TechTown Camp Procedures
- Meet professional obligations through efficient, consistent work habits
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and honor schedules
- Understand policy compliance
- Demonstrate respect for others
- Coordinate resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen in a classroom setting. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Requires ability to occasionally lift products/supplies/equipment up to 20 pounds.
Wage is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested, qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position applying for in subject line. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older. All resumes will be reviewed. Deadline to apply is May 23, 2018.
TechTown is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disabilities, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law. We are dedicated to providing a working environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.