Within the parameters of the mission and vision of Prison Prevention Ministries as set forth in the Strategic Plan, the Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of PPM and is responsible for the organization’s consistent ministry achievements and financial objectives to carry out that Plan. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
- Actual or related fund-raising management experience,
- Superior organizational and communication skills,
- Donor and volunteer service mentality;
- Analytical capabilities;
- Conceptual skills.
I. DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish forecasts and prepare evaluations of fund-raising potential for the Development activities by identifying and rating prospects, with special attention given to those prospects having the highest potential.
- Develop calendar and action plans and lead the implementation of all fundraising efforts including major giving, planned giving, foundation relations and special events.
- Direct production of campaign summaries and management reports by setting priorities to implement campaign actions plus gauge results and determine future courses of action.
- Establish recognition/acknowledgments and incentives in order to maintain improve and maintain relationships.
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation of the Board of Directors in order to build the necessary structure to ensure the best solicitor/volunteer match and to maximize the success of personal contacts made.
- Develop a plan to establish an Endowment and Capital campaign with additional attention devoted to an adjunct Deferred Giving Program.
- Represent the programs and the ministry philosophy to agencies, organizations, and the general public. Speak to church, civic groups, radio/TV, and individual presentations.
- Research, write and implement grant opportunities; monitor grants received and write required reports
- Ensure that the funds received are used for their intended purpose.
II. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements in concert with the board the ministry strategic plan.
- Communicates with the board on all important factors influencing it.
- Participates in preparing the budget; sees that PPM operates within budget guidelines.
- Works with Board/ Finance Committee to develop and maintain sound financial practices.
- Reviews and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Works with Administrative Manager and Finance Committee preparing a budget; sees that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensures that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Executes all legal documents.
- General supervisor for all staff. Oversees recruitment, employment and release of all paid staff.
II. PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES Resource Focus: 60% Youth; 23% In-Prison
- Understand and maintain general oversight of all ministry programs including but not limited to youth program, in-prison ministry, coordination of special events such as revivals, Christmas Angel, concerts, etc.
Major Skills Needed
- Verified experience in development/ fund-raising,
- Experienced in and comfortable with public speaking,
- Committed relationship builder,
- Established organizational/project management skills
- Demonstrated writing skills; Knowledge/ skill in grant writing
- Proficient Computer skills: WORD, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint,
- Demonstrated critical thinking/ problem-solving skills.
- Some College Desirable; Experience in Development/fund raising required.
Core Character Competencies
All of the above responsibilities are important, but they are subservient to following core character requirements—a Personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is demonstrated by
- Study in God’s Word
- Service in a local church
- Passion for ministry to others
- Willingness to be accountable and submit to authority
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate that relationship through their personal life, and have a proven willingness to submit and be accountable to authority and active in a local church.
All resumes should be emailed to Cindy Draper.