Marketing & Communication Coordinator
The Marketing & Communication Coordinator works with the Development Director to plan and implement marketing, communication, fundraising, and community relations activities.
- Assist with the development of marketing and support materials for the annual Friends of Scouting campaign.
- Collect and edit information for the Council’s twice monthly newsletter.
- Publish the newsletter in a timely manner using established communication channels.
- Prepare and publish posts to the Council’s social media sites on a weekly basis or as requested by the Development Director.
- Prepare data analysis of social media platforms under the supervision of the Development Director.
- Assist with grant research and writing under the supervision of the Development Director.
- Assist with foundation, donor, and corporate partnership communication and reporting under the supervision of the Development Director.
- Assist with the preparation and publishing of Council Scouting surveys.
- Prepare support materials to support the Council’s communication and public relations strategy.
- Help with fundraising activities, volunteers, and internal recordkeeping, as needed.
- Complete special assignments as requested by the Development Director or Scout Executive.
- One year of work experience required.
- High school graduate required. College degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel).
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Basic photo editing skills required.
Part-time, Monday through Friday, 25-30 hours per week. Hours are flexible.
Interested applicants should email resume with references to Victoria.Johnson556@scouting.org with Job Posting in the subject line.