Job Title: Community School Coordinator
Areas of Responsibility: Community School at Hixson Middle School
Reports to: Chief Programs Officer at NNH; Hixson Middle Principal; CS Advisory Board
Hours/Schedule: 40 hrs/week with hours varying from 8:00 a.m. -5:30 p.m. (M-Th) and 8:00 a.m.-12:00 on Fridays. Some varying hours may occur.
Job Summary: The Site Coordinator will execute the vision for and oversee all activities of the Community School. The Community School Room at HMS will serve as a community gathering place both during and after school hours. The Site Coordinator will secure and coordinate services and programs that occur on site. This person will work closely with the NNH, Principal, and Community School Advisory Board to plan services and evaluate successes. A successful candidate will have demonstrated success in working with students, coordinating and recruiting service providers, leading a team, and reporting outcomes.
Salary: This is a non-exempt salaried position. Benefits package included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates on the CS Advisory Board.
- Recruits and supports school site team that includes neighborhood residents.
- Performs administrative tasks for the day to day management and coordination of activities.
- Plans and directs efforts to involve students, families and neighborhood residents in community school initiative.
- Establishes linkages with local businesses to promote their involvement in the school.
- Coordinates out of school time programming for students, including supervising support staff and volunteers for this program.
- Assures the functioning of all community school core components are effectively linked to school curriculum and fulfill the basic principles of community schools.
- Develops, maintains and nurtures relationships with school administration and staff, parents, family members, neighborhood residents.
- Develops programs that aim to increase educational opportunities and social connections for children, families and neighborhood residents.
- Identifies and recruits partner organizations to host services at site that aim to increase educational opportunities and social connections for children, families and neighborhood residents.
- Manages schedules of partners at school site.
- Assists with designing and managing volunteer systems within the school.
- Responsible for required data collection and evaluation.
- Represents school at community meetings and events.
- Assists in the development of annual plan and funding proposals.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports to advisory committee.
- Participates in training and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal and CS director.
- Scheduling flexibility.
- Communicate clearly and process complex information.
- Gives attention to details, is organized, and thorough.
- Ability to communicate with and motivate teens and adults.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Is creative and brings new ideas to programs.
- Able to follow directions and accept feedback.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understands and follows ethical practices in a social service context.
- Works in harmony with other members of the Community School team.
- Is dependable, punctual and honest in dealing with time, money and materials.
- Excellent time management.
- Has own transportation.
- Able to stand and move around for long periods of time.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or social work or related field.
- Demonstrates working knowledge with computer skills.
- Accuracy in working with numbers.
All applications should be sent to Rachel Gammon.