LifeSpring Community Health is a non-profit faith-based community development organization whose mission is to demonstrate the love of Christ in word and deed by providing health education and promotion, medical services and community advocacy in urban Chattanooga, in order to transform the health of our community – body and soul.
CHW Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and engages in the Mission and Vision of LifeSpring Community Health.
- Promotes physical, mental, emotional, economic and spiritual health for families in urban Chattanooga by reducing barriers to health care, promoting healthy behaviors and connecting families to supporting resources.
CHW Job Duties
- Screen families at LifeSpring Pediatrics for resource needs and connect families to supporting community resources.
- Visit families in their homes to provide health education and information about community resources.
- Stay up to date on services provided by local government, nonprofits, churches and other organizations.
- Assist LifeSpring Pediatrics in the introduction of telemedicine to our community by identifying eligible patients and educating families on benefits of telemedicine.
- Follow up with families after patients are seen through telemedicine to ensure clear communication and gather feedback from participants.
- Identify and recruit patients for “Get Going” - a healthy behavior intervention focused on healthy eating and physical activity.
- Work one on one with families to set health goals, provide health education and support families as they make health related changes.
- Provide feedback to LifeSpring staff on community concerns, needs and desires.
- Act as an advocate and champion for patients and their families.
- Represent LifeSpring at community events as needed
- Meet routinely with Community Health Team and attend staff trainings
CHW skills and qualifications:
- Compassionate and relational
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- Understanding of and experience in urban Chattanooga communities
- Knowledge of local services and resources
- Reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills
- High school graduate or equivalent required, post-high school certification or degree preferred
- Prior experience in community health or social services preferred
Job type: Part time (20 hrs/week)
To Apply: submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com