Job Title: Director of Thrift Operations and Facilities-(Part time 25 hours/week)
Area of Responsibility: Thrift One (209 Minor Street), Thrift Two (3605 Dayton Blvd.), Thrift Three (9358 Dayton Pike)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Summary: Oversees Thrift Shop operations including all NNH facilities, staffing, volunteers and overseeing all policy and procedures in an efficient manner consistent with the overall mission of the Northside Neighborhood House.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Thrift Store operations including best practices for receiving, sorting, pricing and displaying for all stores. This includes fleet management of all company vehicles.
- Provide support to Thrift Managers with both hiring and supervising of staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for communications and ongoing training with thrift staff to ensure concordance with all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for collecting tax receipts and all records relating to Thrift Store operations including contribution forms, daily sales receipts, deposits and all other information used for data collection.
- Responsible for overseeing both Thrift stores cleanliness and accordance with safety procedures, reporting needs to CEO in order for them to be incorporated into capital overlay plan.
- Responsible for Thrift oversight including dealing with customer relations and issues such as theft. Great Conflict resolution skills needed for staff, donors and customers
- Maintain current working knowledge of other Thrift Store operations in the Chattanooga area for sales techniques, possible referrals and information exchange.
- Works with Chief Development Director to effectively market Thrift Stores to the public.
- Oversee current relationships with collaborating agencies including establishing new relationships, developing procedures and monitoring effectiveness of partnerships.
- Oversees all facilities and vehicles, including maintenance and maintaining cost overlay plan. Shares this information and works directly with Board of Director’s Facility Committee.
- Requires actual on-site coverage at thrifts when staffing and personnel issues arise.
- Provides guidance, support and oversight to Thrift Managers.
- Supervises all thrift staff and volunteers
- Coordinates Thrift Store Programming with CEO
- Reports Directly to Board of Directors 2-3 times a year or when deemed necessary.
- Interacts with staff from partner agencies
- Speaks to groups and tours when necessary
- Gives attention to details, is organized, and thorough
- Is committed to understanding and promoting the Neighborhood House’s mission to clients, customers, networking agencies, area churches, coworkers and volunteers
- Able to follow directions and accept feedback
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Works in harmony with other members of the Neighborhood House’s team
- Is dependable, punctual and honest in dealing with time, money and materials
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferably in Business or Retail
- At least two years’ experience in management
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
Please submit all inquiries to Rachel Gammon.