Chambliss Center for Children is seeking applicants for Director of Human Resources. Under the direction of the President/CEO, he/she is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource functions of the agency.
- Advertises and recruits potential candidates for any open positions within the organization.
- Manages paperwork of all new hires.
- Manages the orientation, training, and disciplining of staff, in partnership with the President/CEO and appropriate supervisors.
- Ensures that annual performance reviews are conducted on all employees.
- Oversees and administers all employee compensation, benefits, health/wellness, safety, charitable giving, and other employee services.
- Provides coaching and counseling to staff on human resource matters, as requested.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Recommends, evaluates, and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Ensures that all personnel files are complete and current.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with any grants, contracts, federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Leads an annual review of the organization’s Personnel Handbook, communicates changes in the organization's policies and procedures, and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the President/CEO, on personnel matters.
- Performs other duties assigned by the President/CEO.
Minimum Qualifications Required: A Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration or relevant field and experience in the Human Resources field. Strong written and oral communication skills, cultural awareness, high ethical standards, thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices, and excellent organizational and leadership skills are required.
Working Schedule: Forty hours per week with the schedule flexed in keeping with the responsibilities of the job.
Interested persons should email a resume (with references) to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.