Position Title: Lead Shift Manager Status: Full-Time Program/Non-Exempt
Report To: Executive Director Date Reviewed: 4/11/18
Salary Range: $10.00/hour Date Revised: 4/11/18
Job Summary: Provide training, supervision and coordination of Shift Managers. Provide for 24/7 coverage of the facility and serve as coverage 75% of the time.
- Program Operation - Assisting the Executive Director with all duties and responsibilities necessary to ensure an efficient and effective agency operation and delivery of services.
- Safety/Security – Provide for the safety and well-being of all participants and volunteers. Coordinate schedule of fire drills and report all safety concerns to supervisor.
- Hygiene – Provide for the cleanliness of the facility and grounds. Includes monitoring supplies of chemicals, cleansing agents and all household supplies. Updating agency wish list and timely ordering of supplies.
- Relationships - Maintain positive working relationships with referring and collaborating agencies and their staff so as to enhance and develop quality services to family and community needs. Assist in the promotion of healthy team development and functioning. Attend supervision, team meetings, and training. Including positive relationships with volunteers providing services for participants.
- Documentation - Provide accurate and up-to-date log notes and records in monitoring participants, operations and supervision of Shift Managers.
- Communication – Communicate effectively, verbally and orally, with participants, agency staff, volunteers and external entities to communicate our mission and goals while respecting confidentiality.
- Consultation - Initiate communication with the Executive Director and other agency staff regarding participants on an on-going basis.
- Minimum Education and Experience - High school graduate or GED/HiSET equivalent. Successful completion of business training or college level business courses preferred. Experience in general office procedures, use of computer, report writing and organizational skills. Previous work in human services or related field. Some supervisory or management experience helpful but not required.
- Must be able to interact with program participants, and potential participants, with a Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) approach.
- Previously demonstrated experience working in the field of homeless services, working with persons experiencing significant barriers or working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to teach effectively using various methods.
- Previously demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to produce written communication, documents and reports utilizing agency hardware and software.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and use good judgment.
- Verification of citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States as outlined under Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance adequate to the demands of the agency's carrier.
- The Executive Director, or supervisor, may direct employee to complete other tasks not mentioned specifically above. The organization reserves the right to modify job duties or change them at any time, should circumstances dictate such changes are necessary to carry out its mission.
- Nothing in this description changes the “at will” employment status of this position.
- This position is based at Chattanooga Room in the Inn’s main facility but requires off-site activities. The position is typically 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm Monday through Friday but can vary dependent on the needs of participants and the program.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Lead Shift Manager position in the subject line.”