The Center for Mindful Living is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower individuals to reduce their stress and increase their well-being. We do this by educating the community about the health benefits of mindfulness and providing classes and workshops that support the development of mindful practices. We envision a world generous with compassion and acceptance.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Center Operations manages the day to day activities of the Center, including member events and special workshops and the financial, membership and event data management to ensure smooth operations. He/she will also provide supervision and coordination of a small group of volunteers to support operations, and act as workshop host as needed. With input from the Executive Director, s/he will set annual targets and evaluate outcomes.
This position requires someone who enjoys the small organization vibe – wearing multiple hats and being highly self-directed. We attend to the details to deliver an exceptional customer experience. CML is an extremely positive but hard working team environment where the staff can articulate our vision, mission and purpose with authenticity.
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, communications, business, or related field, and work experience in a non-profit, startup or small business (at least 3 years). Amazing work experience can be substituted for degree.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- An understanding of and experience with mindfulness.
- Expertise in content management systems, accounting programs and other software necessary to run a business.
- Customer service experience – we are a membership organization!
- The ability to problem solve, flex and maintain a positive attitude.
- The ability to manage a budget.
- The ability to meet deadlines, be organized and goal-oriented.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Initially, this position will be 30 hours a week, with potential to become full time. The Director of Center Operations is required to have the flex to cover occasional evening and weekend special events should adequate volunteer coverage not be available. Employment is subject to a background check. The Center for Mindful Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format no later than May 24, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org