The Chattanooga Community Kitchen, a non-profit social service agency serving those experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the Chattanooga Area, is seeking a dynamic, experienced, innovative leader to serve as the Director of Case Management.
Vital to the mission of the organization, the Director of Case Management will oversee case management programs with the focus on establishing a continuum of services to assist people through the process of finding stable, permanent housing. The Director will seek to ensure that programs of the organization seamlessly support people as they start from a situation of homelessness and transition into self-sufficiency.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, the Chattanooga Community Kitchen will receive applications until the position is filled. Competitive salary, benefits, and leave offered. Starting salary range for the position is from $36,500 to $39,000.
Interested parties should send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to DCM Search, Chattanooga Community Kitchen, Post Office Box 11203, Chattanooga, TN 37401. No phone calls, please.
Learn more about the Chattanooga Community Kitchen by visiting our website by clicking HERE.
Full job description below:
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Director of Case Management of the Chattanooga Community Kitchen is responsible for ensuring the efficient, effective delivery of case management services designed to shorten the duration of homelessness, ensure resource acquisition, assist with finding permanent housing, and prevent homelessness whenever possible.
As a non-profit social service agency, the Chattanooga Community Kitchen offers a variety of essential, preventative and permanent-housing programs to assist those at risk of becoming homeless or facing homelessness. The Director of Case Management oversees case management programs and works to ensure they effectively meet urgent needs through a continuum of services.
As an administrator, the Director of Case Management:
- Supervises case management and family shelter staff to ensure compliance with written grants, proper program operation, and effective service delivery
- Works closely with the CFO to ensure proper program compliance with applicable HUD, Federal, State, City, and other governmental guidelines regarding eligibility, data management, reporting, and operating procedures
- Audits files and data management software entries for all program employees to ensure complete, accurate, and timely documentation and recording of services
- Ensures timely completion and submission of payroll documents, leave requests, and timesheets for all departmental employees
- Submits appropriate and timely departmental and programmatic reports monthly and as requested
- Reviews reports from appropriate departments for accuracy and compiles reports into running monthly person served and outcome documents for grant and internal reporting
As a program supervisor, the Director of Case Management:
- Designs and implements effective programs (while improving existing to programs) to best meet the needs of those experiencing homelessness while working within grant eligibility and expenditure guidelines
- Is responsible for ensuring the appropriate safety and compliance of employees and people engaging in case management activities
- Assists with emergency programming, including cold-weather warming shelters and extreme/emergent need operations (includes being on call for emergencies)
- Establishes a seamless internal service continuum among Community Kitchen programs while identifying appropriate resource referral protocols for unmet needs
- Identifies unmet needs among those served by the organization and seeks out new programs and methods to best meet those needs
- Directly supervises organizational programs as assigned
As an advocate, the Director of Case Management:
- Works to ensure that all people served by programs of the Chattanooga Community Kitchen receive excellent service delivery and assistance with overcoming all barriers to housing and employment/income
- Develops an understanding of best practices for programs serving the homeless and works to implement evidence based best practices in services throughout the organization
- Builds a team of case managers, advocates, and volunteers to best meet individual needs
As a team player, the Director of Case Management:
- Provides input and advice on all major issues related to the organization
- Works to establish and follow designated work flow patterns
- Assists with supporting and training employees from all departments as needed
- Works closely with the Director of Operations on issues of overlap between operations and programs
- Reports any financial, organizational, risk, personnel, or other concerns to the COO or CEO immediately upon recognition
- Assists with off-site events, food drives, and speaking engagements as requested
- Assists with other duties as assigned
Qualifications for the position of Director of Case Management include:
- Highly intelligent with four year college degree; MSW strongly preferred
- A minimum of five years supervisory experience in a similar organization
- Understanding of HUD granting practices and reporting
- Case management, program development, and program creation experience
- Knowledge of grant-writing, award, and reporting processes; experience preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of best practices for programs serving the homeless, to include knowledge of housing first, evidenced based, and other community practices
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities, backgrounds, experience, and skill
- Experience supervising programs and employees with demonstrated ability to work with flexibility, compassion, and good humor
- Commitment to cause, flexibility in scheduling, and ability to respond to after-hours and weekend emergencies/occurrences
- Demonstrated integrity, courtesy, kindness, and ability to build relationships with varied stakeholders (to include funding sources)