The Y is currently seeking high-energy team players to work as Summer Day Camp staff! Preferred candidates will be outgoing, creative, interactive, and skilled at working with children of all ages. To apply, visit https://ymcachattanooga.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal day or resident camp. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring and faith.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains accurate and timely records, including monitoring of check-in and check-out.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Decision making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a camp setting.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings, including summer heat and sunlight, outdoors elements and aquatic environments.
Walking, stooping, standing, hearing, seeing, lifting (could be up to 50 pounds).
- Certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED and O2 required within 30 days of hire date.
- Camp training required before camp sessions, including online safety courses.
- New Employee Orientation required upon hire.