The Downtown YMCA Child Development Center meets the needs of working parents by providing affordable tuition for exemplary care in the Downtown Chattanooga area. We are currently recruiting for afternoon part-time Preschool Teachers (leads and aides). To apply, visit https://ymcachattanooga.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Provides direction for the program and classroom, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans within established guidelines.
- Supervises children, classroom, and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Conducts parent conferences, and maintains positive relationships through effective communication with parents as well as engages parents as volunteers.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skill in technology.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law, including 18 hours of online training and in-service training.
- High school degree required; one year of college preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS TRAINING
Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop and lift.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- New Staff Orientation required upon hire.
- Required state trainings at licensed sites.