Our mission at the Tennessee Aquarium is to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife. We provide a team-based culture where partnership, collaboration, and innovation are essential. We are fully committed to creating a diverse, positive, challenging, and rewarding work environment that encourages both professional and personal growth.
As the Human Resource Assistant, you will provide administrative support for the day-to-day human resource operations necessary for recruitment, employment and benefits for the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum and the Hunter Museum of American Art. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is expected at all times.
- Update, maintain and secure employee personnel and medical files in compliance with appropriate state and federal laws and organizational policy
- Responsible for data entry and reporting for various programs and systems including HIRS, benefits, retirement, loan processing, etc.
- Maintain departmental office supplies and submit purchase orders and maintenance requests
- Assist with recruiting efforts including posting jobs, processing candidates, sending status notifications and attending career fairs
- Create new hire files, initiate onboarding and schedule orientation; serve as backup for orientations
- Complete verifications of employment and unemployment requests
- Run and/or write reports to gather specific employee information as needed
- Assist in tracking and processing FMLA, STD/LTD, Workers Comp, benefit eligibility, etc.
- Process and maintain all status reports, pay change (including cost of living and anniversary raises), personnel updates, and direct deposit changes
- Process termination forms, distribute separation notices, collect property and issue reimbursement
- Assist in the preparation of the annual benefits guide
- Maintain parking records and submit requests for new, current, and terminated employees
- Maintain, publish, and distribute organizational chart and employee directory
- Distribute name badges upon request; order and maintain supplies
- Respond to phone calls, emails, appointments and walk-ins
- Assist in investigating new HRIS, referral programs and mentorship programs
- Participate on cross-functional work teams as needed
- Other duties within the human resources department as assigned
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience/education in a human resource or administrative related field
- · Robust computer program skills; proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel is essential
- Knowledge of human resources procedures and systems
- Knowledge of benefits law and administration
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
To apply, submit an application, cover letter and resume at https://tnaqua.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
All submissions must be received by April 12, 2018.