POSITION: Development Coordinator
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Development Director
HOURLY RATE: $15.00 – $18.00
The Development Coordinator works closely with the Director of Development and the entire chapter team and is responsible for managing all aspects of a comprehensive event program, including internal signature events and benefit external third party events within Chattanooga, Knoxville, and surrounding areas. This position is responsible for the successful design and implementation of a program that will grow net income and also build the major giving pipeline for the chapter including community sponsors. Additionally, the Development Coordinator assists the Development Department with material design and creation, proposal preparations, managing event volunteers, assigned administrative tasks, PR/Communications as it relates to internal/external events and grant writing. The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the chapter team, participating in planning for overall revenue goals, policies and budgets, while establishing a culture of working together to achieve the core mission of Make-A-Wish.
PLANNING AND SRATEGY:
- Plan and manage fundraising and donor stewardship events working cooperatively with project leads to reach fundraising goals and objectives.
- Provide logistical expertise during strategic planning process for all events.
- Create all pre-event, para and post-event materials associated with all events (i.e., bulk mail, save the dates, invitations, programs, etc.).
- Develop and manage expense and revenue budgets for internal fundraising events and assist as needed for external events.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas and activities.
- Analyze event outcomes to inform strategy for following year.
INTERNAL EVENT MANAGEMENT:
- Plans, organizes and directs all aspects of internal and external events for chapter ensuring net contribution goals are met or exceeded.
- Provides hands-on leadership.
- Lead recruitment of chairs and manage event committees.
- Identifies and implements improvements in event processes and procedures, including development/management of event manuals, policies and procedures, event surveys, etc.
- Identify and plan event sponsorships and cultivate sponsorships.
- Creation of event sponsorships and corporate alliances.
- Secure, document and acknowledge in-kind donations for events.
- Organizes, manages and implements all event logistics.
- Manages contracts with vendors and other chapter partners.
- Manages event day staffing needs, including volunteers, etc.
EXTERNAL EVENT MANAGEMENT:
- Plans, organizes and directs all aspects of external event programs for the chapter ensuring net contribution goals are met or exceeded.
- Develop and implement processes to manage and appropriately delegate resources to external fundraising events.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and provide guidance to clubs, associations and individuals interested in producing external fundraising events to benefit the chapter.
- Reviews and evaluates external fundraising proposals – works with Director of Development in determining the feasibility of these events and acts as liaison with the donor.
- Manages chapter documentation for external events in accordance with national standards via licensing agreements and branding requirements.
- Manages ongoing communication and stewardship for existing calendar events.
- Develops cultivation plan and sets goals to grow program.
- Attends events as required.
- Maintain current contacts with annual grant giving organization/companies on a monthly basis (i.e. deadlines, application requirements, etc.)
- Outside of events, research new opportunities for additional grant sources.
- BA/BS or an equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in non-profit fundraising with focus on event management.
- Innovative, creative thinker and self-starter.
- Someone who is self-motivated and can thrive working alone and in a team setting, as well as the ability to interact effectively with staff, volunteers, wish families, donors and the general public.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays a commitment to excellence and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to organize and implement fundraising events.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks efficiently and effectively under pressure while having multiple interruptions.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization.
- Be decisive and capable of timely and effective decision making and deadlines.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency and experienced skills with Word, Outlook, Excel with an understanding and ability to learn new software specifically related to event and donor programs (i.e. Greater Giving, online auctions, Constant Contact, TeamRaiser, Blackbaud, etc.).
- Ability to speak on behalf of events and the Foundation in front of large and small groups, media attention via TV, Radio, newspaper, web, etc.), etc.
- Proficiency and experience in PR/Communication and Marketing with website and social media publicity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with all Foundation .
- Participation in evening and weekend events required.
Please email your resume with salary history along with a letter of interest and three references to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The position is full time with benefits. No phone calls please.