Temporary - June 1 to August 2018
Reporting to the Downtown Branch Executive Director, the Preschool Director is responsible for leading the development, organization and implementation of a high quality, licensed Preschool program.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the Preschool program. Ensures high quality program and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures staff remain in compliance with required training and certifications.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the program. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
- Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
- Ensures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Maintains proper records/department files.
- Organizes special events for parents.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Related group care experience as a supervisor of child care programs.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid, AED within 30 days of hire.
- New Staff Orientation required upon hire.
- State required training for licensed site.
To apply for this position, send resume to: