Title: Executive Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: $15 per hour
Hours: Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week
Position summary: The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to empower the Executive Director to advance organizational initiatives and focus on higher-level leadership activities. Essential responsibilities include Executive Office Management, Board Relations, and Bookkeeping.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
EXECUTIVE OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Schedule and participate in staff and other meetings as requested, including preparing agendas and other materials as well as taking notes for the Executive Director.
- Manage the overall flow of information and communication from the Executive Director to staff, Board of Directors, and other constituents as appropriate. Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, donors, patrons, and others as requested.
- Create and maintain systems and procedures to ensure effective implementation of the Executive Director’s tasks and projects.
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar to ensure availability to all constituents.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to keep her informed of and on track with upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Manage and coordinate administrative support to the Executive Director including, but not limited to, drafting correspondence, helping develop presentations, scheduling calendar appointments, maintaining electronic and paper files, preparing for Executive Director’s visitors, maintaining Outlook contacts, etc.
- Serve as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly Board Update email with input from staff and Executive Director.
- Distribute Board and Board committee meeting notices and calendar invitations.
- Prepare and disseminate meeting agendas and supporting material for Board meetings.
- Attend Board and committee meetings as requested and take/write minutes.
- Assure historical records of all Board and committee meetings are maintained as well as biographical and service information about all Board members, elected officials, and other key constituents.
- Handle set-up/breakdown and other logistics for Board and Board committee meetings.
- Assist Executive Director with obtaining documentation for and processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Create accounting and payroll reports as requested by Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director and outsourced Bookkeeper with management of A/P process, file and manage accounts payable documentation.
- Provide data entry as needed.
- Learn about the organization and its programs to be an effective representative and ambassador when interacting with stakeholders.
- Anticipate and proactively suggest ways to enhance efficiency or quality of work.
- Be a solid team player across the organization, assisting others as needed with meetings, events, and special projects. Serve as occasional backup during absences.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The person in this position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
Work Requirements and Qualifications
- An energetic, friendly, organized, and well-rounded person who enjoys handling a variety of duties.
- An ability to problem-solve and think quickly on one’s feet and deal with a variety of different personalities and situations while conducting duties in a positive, professional manner in the best interest of the CSO.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills required such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Experience in Quickbooks preferred but not required. Data entry skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with some college experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in an administrative or executive assistant capacity.
- Approximately 20 hours a week, flexible schedule, with occasional weekend and night events as needed.
Submit a cover letter and resume by May 25 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Chattanooga Symphony & Opera
Attn: Samantha Teter
701 Broad Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
No phone calls, please.
The Chattanooga Symphony and Opera reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. All employees are expected to adhere to all terms and conditions of the Association’s Personnel Policies and Employment Manuals and other Association policies and procedures which may be promulgated and published from time to time.