WTCI, The Greater Chattanooga Public Television Corporation, is currently seeking to fill the key position of
Senior Development Officer
Please submit resumes and salary requirements to:
7540 Bonnyshire Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37416
The Senior Development Officer will report directly to the President and CEO. He/She will plan and execute the following fundraising elements:
- Major Giving
- Annual Giving
- Endowment / Capital Campaigns
- Planned Giving
- Major Donor Events / Fundraisers
The Senior Development Officer works closely with the President, the Board of Directors and the Community Advisory Board, and all members of the Executive staff. He/She must possess strong team building skills as well as development and marketing expertise. The position carries personal responsibility for cultivation of foundation and major donor support as well as development and supervision of all means of fundraising for WTCI. The successful candidate will also act as the staff point person on the Development Committee and the Planned Giving Committee of the Board of Directors. The position contributes to WTCI’s mission by expanding and diversifying public and private support for WTCI. He/she is responsible for creating a dynamic, inspiring, collaborative workplace for our staff. The successful candidate will manage the Development department and Membership staff as assigned.
The Senior Development Officer must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of WTCI and PBS and the ability to function well in a mission-oriented organization with a sense of urgency and ethics. Five years’ experience in direct fundraising is preferred.
- Significant knowledge of major giving, and annual/capital campaigns
- Ability to develop and manage the systems, procedures and strategies to secure public and private major gifts
- Experience in recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Interacting professionally with diverse individuals of means, including donors, trustees, and volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Develop an annual plan for the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts including an appropriate budget for the program.
- Direct research to identify major gift prospects and obtain information concerning financial capability, special interests, past history and current connections with the institution, close friends and advisors, and financial contributions to other causes.
- Direct assignment of prospects to appropriate persons – trustees, key volunteers, CEO, and other top administrators – and work to chart plans and timetable for each prospect to include cultivation, involvement, solicitation, and appropriate acknowledgement and follow-up.
- Manage all personal assignments to identify, cultivate and solicit specific major gift prospects, working with trustees, CEO, and other key volunteers when appropriate.
- Maintain timetable, checklist, and reporting system to track who is responsible for the current “move” for each prospect, the last action taken, and the next steps.
- Lead reporting sessions with CEO, staff, and the Executive and Development Committees of the Board of Directors to maintain focus on the progress of the major gift effort.
- Organize and direct capital/endowment campaigns when organization priorities dictate a campaign.
- Develop all materials, strategies, proposals, presentations, reports, etc. in accordance with PBS guidelines
- Manage the annual fundraising efforts in support of WTCI.
- Develop growth strategies that meet the annual and capital fundraising goals
- Grow the volunteer base
- Develop an excellent understanding of the organization, its programs, goals and vision, and be able to articulate these in a compelling and ethical manner to donor prospects
- Represent WTCI at all times professionally and adhere to WTCI confidentiality and ethics procedures
- Manage the Development team including Membership, Special Events, and fundraising efforts
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
- MS Office, Word, Access, Excel
- Membership/Donor database management experience
Flexible hours required