Family Services Coordinator
AmeriCorps National Position (10 month service position)
The Family Services Coordinator serves at Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area. The member will build and maintain the pipeline of partner families by leading the efforts to recruit qualified partner families for both homeownership and home repair opportunities. This is a full-time AmeriCorps National Direct service position. Please visit AmeriCorps.gov for more information on the AmeriCorps program.
Responsibilities of the position
- Coordinate existing programs to attract qualified families as needed.
- Assist with applicant orientations and assist families in the completion of the housing application.
- Work with the Family Selection committee to select partner families for a variety of housing products including traditional Habitat homes, critical home repair, ABWK and weatherization projects.
- Prepare monthly summaries on partner family progress.
- Work with the Family Services Committee and staff to provide educational opportunities to partner families.
- Become familiar with homeowner files to be able to answer day-to-day questions.
- ·On occasion, build alongside partner families as they complete their sweat equity requirements.
- Build relationships and partner with residents, local agencies, and community stakeholders.
- Help to develop and market new NR programs.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of the plan through our survey tool, Success Measures.
Qualifications: Successful candidate would possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Commitment to the mission of the organization
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of community development practices
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required; Personal vehicle may be reqd for traveling to work locations (approved service-related mileage will be reimbursed per affiliate’s policy).
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 9a-5p
Resumes accepted through Friday, April 20th via email to email@example.com
This position is located in Chattanooga, TN
No Phone Calls Please
Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Provides Equal Housing Opportunity