POSITION TITLE: Part-Time (Approx. 30 hours a week) Educator/Puppeteer
BEGINNING SALARY: $9.00/hour (increases as skills develop and funding is available)
RESUME DEADLINE: Until position is filled
Dedicated and organized individual needed to assist educational puppetry programs.
Job Duties will include:
- Present a variety of programs to school and community groups using puppetry.
- Memorize and rehearse new scripts, assist other puppeteers and educators as necessary.
- To assist program team members with preparation for programs, including introductions, closings and demographics.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Director/Executive Director
A college degree or background in education or social services is preferred but not required. Candidate should have at least two years of college experience. Must pass a background check and drug test.
Physical stamina to carry out the demands of Bunraku puppetry, lifting, loading and set up.
About Chattanooga's Kids on the Block:
Founded in 1979, Chattanooga's Kids on the Block uses Bunraku puppetry to educate children about social concerns and differences, giving them the skills to stay safe and healthy. Chattanooga’s Kids on the Block is one of the oldest, most active and respected troupes in the United States. Last year, we performed 461 programs and served over 63,000 children and adults in our 16 county service area in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (423) 757-5015.