The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce, recognized nationally as Chamber of the Year in 2017, is seeking a dynamic, motivated sales professional to join our membership team. The successful candidate will secure new membership, sponsorship and product sales by promoting the positive aspects of Chamber membership to prospects and the value of marketing to the Chamber’s 1,800 member businesses. Key factors for success in this high-visibility role include competitive spirit, outgoing personality, sound understanding of the Chamber’s mission and benefits, ability to build relationships and the self-motivation and drive to meet establish goals and manage time effectively.
Key functions include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Chamber’s mission and how it directly applies to existing and prospective members.
- Establish positive relations with the principals of businesses throughout the Chamber’s service area.
- Develop, implement and maintain a personal sales action plan.
- Develop, implement and maintain a personal retention touch plan to improve early retention
- Establish positive relations with the principals of businesses throughout the Chamber’s service area, establish needs of their organization and report to appropriate departments.
- Effectively and consistently utilize Chamber information resources to track prospects, contacts and sales to facilitate monthly reports to management and board
- Serve as the primary point of contact for new member-investors in their first two years of membership.
- Work with Chamber Area Councils to engage existing member-investors in council programs and initiatives in order to positively influence member-investor retention.
- The Account Executive may be called upon, and would definitely find it advantageous, to attend Chamber functions such as Council meetings, ribbon cuttings, AM Networkings, Business After Hours and other such events for recruitment purposes.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or other business-related field of study, plus three years of B2B sales experience with a proven track record of success or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A firm grasp of core sales competencies including building a personal sales action plan, developing prospect lists, managing data and following through to close a sale.
- Formal sales training is a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and references, combined into one .pdf document, no later than April 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit: www.ChattanoogaChamber.com/jobs.