SENIOR ACCOUNTANT & FINANCE MANAGER. Local nonprofit organization and for-profit subsidiary seeks senior accountant/finance manager. Position includes all financial and accounting day to day activities thru monthly closings and financial reporting, HR and compliance activities, tax and regulatory requirements, processing payroll, assisting with budget development, and cash and risk management. Experience maintaining accrual based books for multiple companies with inter-company transactions required. Meticulous attention to detail, strong bookkeeping and financial reporting experience, and knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel required. This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation and sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
Please send resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls:
- Oversee the Cash Management function, including banking relationships.
- Ensure that the organizations are in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Manages the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for payroll, including all employment related tax or other withholding. Oversees the calculation of wages, overtime, PTO accruals, and deductions to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. Ensures that payments and government reports are disbursed timely and accurately.
- Maintain and administer workers’ compensations, insurance benefits, i.e., annual renewals, quotes, injury reporting, etc.
- Organizes and prepares auditing schedules and assists with the External Audit process.
- Review draft audit and tax returns (1120, 990, 990T and FE) for accuracy.
- Prepare the financial section of the annual reports.
- Manage the accounting function within the organization's established policies.
- Prepare and maintain accounting records, including all subsidiary journals, general ledger, grant allocations, inter-company transactions, and budget data.
- Completes basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks using the accrual method to record all transactions.
- Handle accounts receivable, collections, accounts payable, payroll, budget, etc., including processing MPS invoices and inter-company invoicing. Examines records of amounts due and makes sure invoices are paid according to terms and discounts taken.
- Analyzes, verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Assist with preparation of tax returns
- Posts, verifies, and reconciles accounts payable, accounts receivable, expenses, payroll, or other ledger accounts.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger thru monthly closings.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for management and Board of Directors.
Cash and Risk Management
- Responsible for the management of the organization’s Insurance program including claims.
- Oversee the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Manage bank reconciliations for related companies, and manage ongoing banking relationships for maximum efficiency.
- Monitor cash flow.
- Manage investments as directed by the Investment Committee.
- Oversee PCI compliance.
- Ensure that the Executive Director and Executive Committee(s) are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of companies. Provides necessary liaison, counsel, and staff support to Executive Director. Executes directives of the Executive Director and Boards of Directors.
- Responsible for the safeguard and conscientious administration and management of company funds, assets, and property.
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Responsible for Financial Management Reporting
- Present monthly and year-to-date financials for each organization
- Assists the Executive Director in development of annual budget and financial plans.
- Responsible for on-boarding new corporate employees and enrolling/terminating staff in employee benefits.
- Responsible for preparation of termination packets including COBRA, 401(k) and separation notice.
- File all workers compensation claims and required reporting.File all Unemployment claims and appeals.
- Maintain performance review schedule.
- Work with Executive Director on HR Policy Issues and Policy Manual Interpretations.
- Administer 401(k) plan enrollments, monthly payments, compliance reporting, and 5500 reporting.
- ACA Compliance
Personal and Professional Attributes
- AS / BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong accounting background with emphasis in fund accounting, financial reporting, grant allocations, inter-company transactions, budgeting, and general office management.
- Relationship building and rapport skills and strong ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Sound knowledge of compliance regulations for organizations working within the not-for-profit sector and for-profit sectors
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively and independently within time constraints
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office software