Job Title: PARISH ADMINISTRATOR
Reports to: Rector
Employment Classification: Full-time
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Employment Status: Regular, Exempt
Supervises others: Yes
Summary of Position:
- Oversee all office operations; support Rector, associate clergy, Vestry and Ministry leaders administratively; and manage membership information and liturgical records (recording of Baptisms, Confirmations, Weddings, and Funerals).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day office operations including answering telephones and greeting guests and limited staff support, and for recruiting and training volunteers to assist in these operations.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to clergy including scheduling meetings, follow up and reminders as necessary.
- Manage Master Calendar including office, worship, communications and ministries or programs.
- Working with Facilities Director, coordinate all requests for facilities use by internal and external groups and parking lot management.
- Responsible for entering, updating and maintaining database with member information; including: paperwork and follow up for transfers in and out of the parish, Recording appropriate information in the Parish Register.
- Print & assemble weekly worship bulletins.
- Maintain parish prayer list and print Prayers of the People weekly.
- Support rector and clergy as the point person for scheduling all worship personnel required to perform funerals, weddings and other non-scheduled services.
- Responsible for assisting finance office including:
- Depositing and posting in ACS cash and checks from weekly offerings, mail or special events as needed.
- Assisting with bank reconciliations, cross training on various accounting functions
- Preparation and monitoring of administrative budget.
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment, including printers, servers, computers and surveillance system.
- Support any and all ministries of the church as needed or other duties as assigned by rector.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Office Management and/or Customer Service
- Minimum of high school/GED required; two years post high school preferred; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- Knowledge of office machines and computers, familiarity with Microsoft Office products required.
- Knowledge of ACS Technologies is a plus.
- Certification as a Notary Public, or eligibility to become certified required.
- Must be able to work with public, other office staff, clergy and members of the church.
- Must be able to work independently and meet specific deadlines, with attention to detail essential.
Interested parties should submit resume to email@example.com.