The Men’s Ministry Director is responsible for recruiting, planning, implementing, maintaining and supervising all activities, clients, volunteers and associated with the Men’s program. This position is multi-faceted and offers an individual a rewarding opportunity to minister to many young fathers and potential fathers in need with the love of Christ.
The Men’s Ministry Director will be under the supervision of the Client Services Director.
- Committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is accountable to a local, Bible believing church; Applicant must possess evidence of Christian maturity
- Unwavering commitment and dedication to life and God’s plan for sexuality
- Agreement with Choices’ Statements of Faith, Principle and Mission
- Passion and heart to reach out to men and expectant fathers
- Ability to effectively share the gospel
- Due to the nature of this program all applicants must be a parent; ample amount of life experience is a plus
- Proven lay counseling capabilities and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A self-starter with initiative as well as ability to exercise wisdom in the conduct of duties and responsibilities
- Teachable spirit and functions well in team environment
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to interview and assess placement of potential volunteers
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and the Internet
- Flexibility in scheduling for occasional evening appointments or workshops along with flexibility for unanticipated or unusual situations
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Strong presence at the center to make connections with male clients who walk through our doors
- Meets with male clients one-on-one who are in the fatherhood program
- Teaches fatherhood related classes and facilitates support groups
- Creates, reviews, adapts or adds to the educational curriculum as needed
- Recruits new volunteers and networks with other organizations in the community
- Trains and supervises male volunteer (mentors)
- Performs administrative duties to maintain and or develop the program
- Handles additional duties as assigned by the Client Services Director
- Participation by all staff is required at Choices’ major events
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Carol Ann Ferguson at email@example.com.