Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate performance effectiveness and efficiency for the NCDB (the Center) and serves as direct administrative support for the Executive Director of the Center. This is an hourly, part-time position.
Work with the Executive Director to provide organizational and administrative support for operational needs, with duties including but not limited to:
- Provide clerical support for the Executive Director which includes mail merges through word processing, recording of budget expenditures, preparing of travel expense reports, management of bulk mailings and print jobs, and preparing invoices for the Center.
- Assist with travel logistics including hotels, car rentals, flights, meeting set-up, travel documents, and follow-up documentation.
- Assist with the management of the Executive Director’s calendar to schedule events and follow up actions
- Assist with organizational set up and management of donor database (Salesforce), enter and acknowledge all gifts (mailed and online).
- Support the planning and execution of events;
- Assist in communication with the Center’s Board and prepare materials for their quarterly meetings, this will include taking the minutes at each meeting.
- Attend planning meetings as necessary,
- Assist with the communications, design and fundraising team when needed. Help keep the Center website up-to-date.
- Maintain the filing system and inventory of materials
- Assist with management of projects and special initiatives.
In addition to a belief in the mission of the Center, the position requires: excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; engagement and self-motivation with initiative to achieve goals; ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work; effective team player in a collaborative work environment; strong computer skills in Word, Google docs, Excel, database management, email and Internet.
Please submit a short writing sample and résumé to Bess Steverson at email@example.com.