The Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga strengthens our community by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy and plan to broaden the impact and reach of the Foundation and deepen existing relationships with donors, grantees, and community partners. Reporting to the President and serving as a member of the management team, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for overseeing all internal and external communications functions for the Foundation.
Essential functions of Position:
Key areas of responsibility
· Builds brand awareness for the Foundation as a thought and change leader in philanthropy and a preferred philanthropic partner by effectively and consistently communicating the Foundation’s mission, vision and impact to all external and internal constituents. This includes working with external design consultants in brand development.
· Serves as the brand champion, ensuring that every part of the Foundation – from marketing to customer service to community engagement to grantee support to donor relations – is aligned with the Foundation’s mission, vision and desired impact.
· Leads development and execution, in concert with Leadership Team and other staff, of an Annual Communications plan that effectively supports and aligns all aspects of the Foundation’s work, including grantmaking, community leadership initiatives, and resource development and stewardship.
· Works with the President, VP President of Donor Services and Senior Director of Giving Strategies to develop donor and professional advisor engagement opportunities, including written communications and presentations and events that support the Foundation’s donor cultivation and engagement goals.
· Serves as spokesperson for the organization, including responding to media inquires and making presentations to various stakeholder groups.
· Responsible for developing and executing the Foundation’s media strategies and printed materials. Specific duties include, overseeing the development of the Foundation’s annual report, working with local media to communicate Foundation priorities and elevate visibility, leading or supporting the development and dissemination of press releases, blog posts, by-lined articles, opinion pieces, talking points and speeches, and collateral material.
· Oversees creative development and management of all the Foundation’s web and social media strategies, including content, substance and tenor.
· Ensures internal communications among staff and Board are effective and streamlined to ensure that all internal constituents are effectively communicating the mission, vision and impact of the Foundation.
· A Bachelor’s degree, or advanced degree in communications, branding, marketing, publishing, design or another related field.
· 3-5 years experience leading the digital and print media and community engagement activities for a nonprofit or business entity.
· Superior written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to craft compelling messages.
· Strong organizational skills, strategic thinking, and the capacity to see both the larger Foundation picture and how it relates to marketing and communications details and to individual functions and initiatives of the Foundation is critical.
· Self-motivated and results oriented with a proven ability to achieve ambitious goals.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities effectively.
· An affinity for philanthropy, the role of non-profits in strengthening communities, and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
· A sense of adventure and humor is a plus!
To be considered for the position, please upload a resume, coverletter and salary requirements at https://cfgc.recruiterbox.com