Position Title Development & Marketing Coordinator
Start Date: December 2018
Reports to: Executive Director
The mission of Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti (CNP) is to help raise a healthy generation of Haitian children, who can in turn raise Haiti from poverty. CNP works alongside Haitian communities and in collaboration with the local health system and our partnering non-profits, to prevent and treat malnutrition by focusing on its root causes and empowering families through education. Our U.S. headquarters is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Our small team is led by the executive director manages general operations and fundraising. We employee over 80 Haitians in the Leogane region of the country. The national board of directors works in collaboration with the staff as a unified team.
Opportunity: The Development & Marketing Coordinator will work in the U.S. office reporting to the executive director to ensure the smooth operations of the development, marketing and special event functions through a donor-centered approach. This position supports fund raising activities through donor stewardship, prospect research, reporting and database management for all CNP constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the donor database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of information entered into the database and that all protocols have been followed.
• Prepare agendas, schedule and organize donor meetings.
• Assist Executive Director with solicitation campaigns to include: generating mailing lists, mail merges, addressing and stuffing envelopes.
• Assist Executive Director with acknowledgements when more than standard form acknowledgement is necessary, i.e. major and capital gifts.
• Identify and conduct ongoing research of prospects including wealth screening; write and maintain prospect/donor profiles for Executive Director and volunteer fundraisers.
Special Event Activities
• Plan, implement and follow-up for all Development special events.
• Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
• Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
• Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral.
• Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the special event budgets.
• Broaden social networking to promote special events.
• Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
• Other administrative duties as needed.
General Skill & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or two-year degree combined with 3-5 years of experience working with volunteers, office administration, and coordinating special events.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills are essential. • Demonstrated project management skills working specifically with multifaceted projects and diverse constituents.
• Professional demeanor, good judgment, and the ability to work independently, but collaboratively, in goal-oriented team environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
• Knowledge of Donor Perfect, or comparable donor software, is a plus.
• Alignment with the CNP Mission and Values
• Ability to take initiative and follow through
• Ability to analyze problems, utilize internal or external resources, offer solutions to problems and implement solutions
To learn more, visit:
• Please email cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest along with current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.