Position: Nurse Manager
Reports to: Client Services Director and Medical Director
Manages: Volunteer Nurses
The Nurse Manager oversees the medical services provided by Choices to promote and support the work of Choices in a manner of excellence and integrity.
The Nurse Manager will be under the supervision the Client Services Director and the Medical Director. There will be a yearly written and oral evaluation.
The Nurse Manager supervises the volunteer nurses.
1. Committed Christian who demonstrates having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is accountable to a local Bible-believing church.
2. Unwavering commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual integrity.
3. Agreement with Choices’ Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and policies of the center.
4. Holds a Registered Nurse’s License and function in accordance with the licensing board of their state.
5. Strong administrative skills, excellent communications and relationship building skills required.
6. Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills required.
7. Experience in a position requiring management and supervisory skills.
8. Vision and calling to the position.
9. Ability to motivate and confront in love.
10. Ability to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, and support to volunteers.
11. Ability to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
12. Demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of pregnancy, abortion and related health issues.
13. Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
14. Ability to communicate the vision and mission of Choices with clarity and represent Choices’ values to the community.
15. Ability to work with a multi-generational staff and be a unified, committed team player.
Management and Administration
1. Assure accurate implementation of MD’s orders.
2. Audit patient records regularly.
3. Provide in-service education to staff, as needed.
4. Implement clinic policies and procedures (P&P), including compliance with OSHA, HIPAA privacy practices, and infection control as required by law.
5. Conduct annual review of P&P and infection control regulations in conjunction with the MD and Client Services Director.
6. Orient new nurse volunteers to clinic duties and responsibilities.
7. Provide on-going supervision and training for all nurse volunteers.
8. Conduct annual evaluations of nurses.
9. Coordinate nurse volunteer schedule.
10. Ensure that medical equipment is properly operated and maintained.
11. Conduct regular medical supply inventory and ensure that the clinic is properly stocked.
12. Ensure proper disinfection of medical equipment and the exam room.
13. In conjunction with the Medical Director and Client Services Director, ensure the OSHA orientation of all new personnel, volunteers, annual refreshers, and monitor facility compliance as required by law.
1. Provide clinical services in accordance with level of expertise and training. This includes ultrasounds, sti/std treatment, and any other additional medical services approved by the board.
2. Thoroughly explain all medical consent forms to patients, and answer questions prior to providing any medical services.
3. Document patient care in chart and properly maintain and archive patient medical records.
4. Provide patient with health education (pregnancy decision options, STIs, etc.) referrals for medical care/follow-up, and other pertinent community referrals.
5. Review patient record for completeness (all necessary forms present) and signatures.
6. Conduct phone follow-up with patients, as indicated.
7. Discuss clinical questions, as needed, with the MD and/or Client Services Director as appropriate.
8. Meet with MD regularly (at least quarterly) for ongoing clinical supervision and guidance.
9. Provide support to the other medical staff, including shadowing when necessary.
1. Recruit and interview qualified nurse volunteers
2. Schedule and facilitate ultrasound training for new volunteer nurses
1. Represent Choices’ medical services in the community
2. Meet with and develop relationships with doctors in our community in order to expand and maintain referral list of local pro-life obstetricians.
1. Participate in new volunteer training
2. Attend all prayer times and staff meetings
3. Attend conferences and trainings as requested by Executive Director
4. Order and maintain inventory of medical supplies
5. Schedule UTC Residents to observe ultrasounds in the center as requested.
6. Attend all choices events (SOHLS, family event, banquet) and any other events as needed by Client Services Director or CEO
7. Participate in representation to churches and organizations as requested by Client Services Director or ED
8. Commit to being an active learner and staying educated about the life issue
1. Follow guidelines for responding to emergencies and unusual ultrasound findings as specified in the P&P manual.
Professional Development/ Continuing Education
1. Maintain active nursing license.
2. Comply with state and professional continuing education requirements.
Interested parties should submit their resume to Michele Cheresnick by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Choices 6232 Vance Rd. Chattanooga, TN 37421.