The Chattanooga office of the Alzheimer's Association is currently seeking an energetic, motivated individual to act as Office and Volunteer Coordinator and assistant to the Senior Vice President. This position provides clerical and office management support, as well as coordinating volunteers for office help and special events.
This position is a full-time position with Monday - Friday office hours, as well as occasional events on nights and weekends. Three half-Saturdays in fall during Walk season. Quarterly overnight staff meetings within the state.
Specific duties include:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Senior Vice President and Development/Program staff
- Generate office correspondence; Word processing, document creation, Publisher, Power Point
- Receptionist duties for office including meet and greet visitors, set up for meetings, etc.
- Data entry to support donor recognition programs.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment, development, and scheduling for office and special events.
- Provide Special Events support, primarily during three local Walk to End Alzheimer’s events
The ideal candidate will support the staff as assigned, as well as manage office volunteer program. Other duties: drafting general correspondence, minimal invoicing and tracking of vendor payments, and maintaining data integrity.
This position requires a candidate with strong administrative, clerical and data-entry support skills, as well as the ability to multi-task. Strong customer service skills are required, as this position interacts frequently with association volunteers, participants and staff. Prior experience in special events a plus.
- Associate's Degree or higher preferred
- One to two years of clerical support experience preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, email and internet
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and communication skills
- Knowledge of Chattanooga and surrounding area
- Friendly, personable, ability to interact well with others; Team player
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Be part of an organization with the vision of a "world without Alzheimer's" and apply today. An equal opportunity employer.
Send resume’ to Cindy Lowery at email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes please!