YCAP impacts the lives of troubled youth while showing them effective ways to deal with life experiences and giving them life skills to overcome the generational poverty cycle. This community-based program addresses many aspects of an individual's life, including school, family, and friends. Youth are referred to YCAP either through the juvenile court system or the school system and each child and his/her family has a personalized treatment plan which addresses their spiritual, physical, mental, and social needs.
Learn more at www.ymcachattanooga.org/ymca-y-cap-cleveland-0.
The YCAP VISTA Member will build organizational infrastructure in order to increase the program’s capacity to serve low-income youth through development of data collection methods, volunteer opportunities and management procedures, and resource development. The project will enhance the YCAP program’s ability to impact the lives of more troubled impoverished youth while showing them effective ways to deal with life experiences and giving them life skills to overcome the generational poverty cycle. Additionally, promoting sustainability of the established programs and the successful transfer of knowledge and resources to site-based staff and subsequent VISTA members is a priority.
Specific VISTA Member tasks will include:
- Develop and implement a volunteer management program for the Cleveland YCAP site
- Develop a funding plan that includes grant writing and identifying foundation partnerships
- Develop a Donor Touchpoint Campaign to build relationships with current donors and expand resources
The VISTA Member will gain invaluable professional development training, internal nonprofit management experience, and project management skills as well as general professional skills that will easily translate to many other career fields.
The successful applicant will have the following job skills/characteristics:
- Ability to organize and execute projects with little direction or supervision
- Organizational/administrative skills as well as superior written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and effectively work as part of a team
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of web design and social media would be beneficial
- Heart for service to community and people of various backgrounds
- Ability to facilitate meetings and speak publicly about the served organization
- Professionalism (VISTAs will regularly work with local nonprofit leaders & community professionals)
- UWOR AmeriCorps VISTA Position Application (https://goo.gl/forms/pltXUbo9gpNljeMP2)
- Current Resume (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Completed online profile at https://my.americorps.gov/. (Click on “Apply to Serve”).
- 2 References should be submitted through this site
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 23, 2018. For more information, please contact Brittany Stoess at email@example.com.