Foundation House equips young mothers with tools and resources for self-sufficiency, which reduces their dependence on local, state and federal welfare programs. Through a trauma-informed approach to counseling, classes, case management, and court advocacy, clients are equipped to heal their past hurts and learn better ways of caring for their own children. Therefore, the cycles of poverty, trauma, homelessness, abuse, neglect, and addiction are broken, and the next generation can be raised in a holistically stable family.
Learn more at www.foundationhouseministries.org.
The VISTA member will develop the infrastructure for capacity building to enable the sustainable work of Foundation House Ministries, while increasing the organization's ability to better serve the homeless, pregnant population in Bradley County. New community partnerships will be established and cultivated, especially with regard to potential donors, volunteers, and referral sources for new clients. An overall marketing plan will be developed and implemented to increase the financial stability of the organization through developing a system to seek and track in-kind donations, developing grant templates, writing grants, and creating systems to track grant information.
Specific VISTA Member tasks will include:
- Develop a marketing plan to expand community knowledge and support of the program
- Develop a funding plan that includes the development of grant templates, grant writing, and grant reporting, as well as seeking in-kind donations
- Develop a donation tracking system
- Develop new community partnerships
The VISTA Member will gain invaluable professional development training, internal nonprofit management experience, and project management skills as well as general professional skills that will easily translate to many other career fields.
The successful applicant will have the following job skills/characteristics:
- Ability to organize and execute projects with little direction or supervision
- Organizational/administrative skills as well as superior written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and effectively work as part of a team
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of web design and social media would be beneficial
- Heart for service to community and people of various backgrounds
- Ability to facilitate meetings and speak publicly about the served organization
- Professionalism (VISTAs will regularly work with local nonprofit leaders & community professionals)
- UWOR AmeriCorps VISTA Position Application (https://goo.gl/forms/pltXUbo9gpNljeMP2)
- Current Resume (email to email@example.com)
- Completed online profile at https://my.americorps.gov/. (Click on “Apply to Serve”).
- 2 References should be submitted through this site
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 23, 2018. For more information, please contact Brittany Stoess at firstname.lastname@example.org.