The United Way of the Ocoee Region is excited to announce the availability of a new AmeriCorps VISTA position for May 2017. The VISTA Member will be placed at Bridges out of Poverty, located at the United Way of the Ocoee Region, to build the organization's capacity to serve their mission’s target populations.
Family Cornerstones’ programs are focused on providing families with education, resources, and skills they need to increase their stability, ensure educational success of children, and break the cycle of poverty. The role of the VISTA will be to build capacity and increase stability of the Family Cornerstones’ programs. The VISTA will develop a marketing plan to expand knowledge and support of the program, develop systems to track and evaluate data and outcomes, and create a volunteer management program to increase effectiveness. The VISTA will also increase financial stability by seeking in-kind donations, developing a system to track in-kind donations, develop grant templates, write grants, and create systems to track grant information.
Learn more at www.familycornerstones.org.
Specific VISTA Member tasks will include:
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to expand community knowledge and support of the program
- Develop data collection and evaluation systems to assess outcomes to increase effectiveness
- Develop a volunteer management program.
- Develop a funding plan that includes the development of grant templates, grant writing, and grant reporting, as well as seeking in-kind donations
- Develop a donation tracking system
The VISTA Member will gain invaluable professional development training, internal nonprofit management experience, and project management skills as well as general professional skills that will easily translate to many other career fields.
The successful applicant will have the following job skills/characteristics:
- Ability to organize and execute projects with little direction or supervision
- Organizational/administrative skills as well as superior written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and effectively work as part of a team
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of web design and social media would be beneficial
- Heart for service to community and people of various backgrounds
- Ability to facilitate meetings and speak publicly about the served organization
- Professionalism (VISTAs will regularly work with local nonprofit leaders & community professionals)
- UWOR AmeriCorps VISTA Position Application (https://goo.gl/forms/pltXUbo9gpNljeMP2)
- Current Resume (email to email@example.com)
- Completed online profile at https://my.americorps.gov/. (Click on “Apply to Serve”).
- 2 References should be submitted through this site
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 23, 2018. For more information, please contact Brittany Stoess at firstname.lastname@example.org.