The United Way of the Ocoee Region is excited to announce the availability of an AmeriCorps VISTA position for May 2018. The VISTA Member will be placed with the Andor program to build the organization's capacity to serve their mission’s target populations.
Andor is a collaborative partnership between the Boys & Girls Club of Cleveland and the local Boy Scouts program. The Andor program provides low-income boys who do not have a male figure in their life with mentors, skill-based training, and outdoor activities with the hope of enabling these boys to become responsible, productive men of character, and ultimately breaking the cycle of poverty. All activities of the VISTA member will contribute to the program’s ability to bring youth out of poverty and allow them to experience a higher quality of life as they move into adulthood.
Learn more about Andor at www.andorcleveland.org.
(NOTE: Both male and female applicants are encouraged to apply!)
Specific VISTA Member tasks will include:
- Expand the volunteer/mentorship program and create sustainability
- Tailor Scouting curriculum to meet the needs of the Andor program
- Build relationships with current donors and expand resources/donor base
- Develop a funding plan that includes grant-writing and identifying foundation partnerships
- Develop a cohesive guide for implementing Andor programming that can be duplicated
The VISTA Member will gain invaluable professional development training, internal nonprofit management experience, and project management skills as well as general professional skills that will easily translate to many other career fields.
The successful applicant will have the following job skills/characteristics:
- Ability to organize and execute projects with little direction or supervision
- Organizational/administrative skills as well as superior written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable to a variety of situations, and effectively work as part of a team
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of web design and social media would be beneficial
- Heart for service to community and people of various backgrounds
- Ability to facilitate meetings and speak publicly about the served organization
- Professionalism (VISTAs will regularly work with local nonprofit leaders & community professionals)
- UWOR AmeriCorps VISTA Position Application (https://goo.gl/forms/pltXUbo9gpNljeMP2)
- Current Resume (email to email@example.com)
- Completed online profile at https://my.americorps.gov/. (Click on “Apply to Serve”).
- 2 References should be submitted through this site
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 23, 2018. For more information, please contact Brittany Stoess at firstname.lastname@example.org.