Position: Member Services Coordinator
Effective: January 10, 2018
Closes: January 28, 2018
The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce seeks a highly organized and self-motivated individual to provide multi-faceted support to the Director of Community Outreach and the Membership staff as needed. The Coordinator will attend all Council meetings and will assist Director in ensuring the successful operation of each Council and its respective board. The position is highly interactive with members, requiring a polished, professional image and excellent customer service and communications skills. The position will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative and support tasks, as well as updating member information, social media execution, meeting coordination and project management.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- A basic understanding of the Chamber's mission and how membership provides value to member businesses
- Handling incoming/outgoing member calls, arrange meeting space, coordinate materials for meetings, research member information in various media, send invitations, record RSVPs, order refreshments, etc.
- Updating member information in database to maintain current contacts, demographics and event information to optimize member return on investment
- Executing departmental social media strategy to recognize member businesses via multiple social media platforms
- Overseeing planning, registration and logistics for Councils, Executive Circle and Top Investor Events.
- Assisting the Membership Department staff as needed to support regular activities of the Chamber.
- Acting as liaison between Chamber staff and Council volunteers
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, emphasis on excellent customer service and a team player with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, general database maintenance and use, photo manipulation software and a variety of social media platforms.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or similar curriculum, with 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate above average competency with Microsoft products, database usage and must have a verifiable, active online presence of at least three (3) years. Valid Driver’s License and insurance are required.
Qualified applicants should send a persuasive cover letter and resume, combined into one .pdf file, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 28, 2018.