MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION® EAST TENNESSEE- MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
As a voting member of the corporate board, develops policies that govern the operations of the organization. Monitors the Foundation's financial health, its programs and its performance. Provides the chief executive officer with the resources and the strategic vision to meet the needs of those the organization serves. Participates in fundraising, community development, and friend-raising activities.
• Establishes policies
• Hires and evaluates the administrator
• Monitors finances
• Creates and monitors a long-range, strategic plan
• Insures that the organization has the resources (financial, staffing, and community support) to achieve its strategic vision
• Selects new board members and collectively reviews the performance of the board
• Assures that the organization is acting legally and ethically in all its affairs
• Regularly attends board meetings, special events, and the board orientation and retreat
• Participates actively on a board committee
• Becomes and remains knowledgeable about the organization and its programs, stays current on issues that affect it, and studies the information it provides
• Is an active contributor to discussions at meetings, willing to express opinions, to consider other points of view, and to achieve consensus in making informed, thoughtful decisions that benefit those served by the organization
• Represents the organization positively and enthusiastically to others in the community
• Assumes leadership roles when asked.
• Makes a financial gift to the organization, asks others to give, and makes connections to other potential contributors, sponsors, and advocates. Helps steward donors
• Recruits others to board and volunteer service
• Board members may be elected to a maximum of two, three-year terms. At the end of six years of service, voting board members must step down for a period not less than one year.
• Non-voting, advisory members may serve for an indefinite period, as prescribed from time to time by the board of directors.
Those interested can send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.